My blog has moved to a fresh new site! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.werunthings.net/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Memoirs: 1

Neglecting the scars of these street wars

The blood that flows from car windows

And tired mothers fast becoming widows

Missiles are stones and bottled up flaming furies emboldened by petrol and kerosene

I care no more

Even if the overflow carries me away with it

Though I can easily beat its tide

I know I won't even try

For what else could be real

When her promise of love was just a sham

Pssheeeeeeew!! !

June 03, 2003


 

NB. This is from a collection of notes {memoirs if you please} that I used to write to myself in the past; Inspired by the emotions that I felt at different moments of my life. I would pick up a pen and my sketch pad, switch off the lights and start doodling; the doodles would turn to random words and sometimes I manage to turn out coherent stuff. I hope this is one of them. I had a lazy-fun easter break, would/could have been 'great' but was marred by the death of a friend. May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Cheers.

2 comments: