My blog has moved to a fresh new site! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.werunthings.net/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Soliloquy

Engage
node.

I've had so many funny mornings; but it seems they always try to outdo each other. Walking to C.M.S. bus stop this morning, I was prepared for the usual thick weed smoke at Tinubu square, all around the fountain. What I wasn't prepared for was a dude blazing fast and hard (long drags and puffs) and doing a solo rendition of "Baba, gbe mi s'oke" (Father, lift me up; a Yoruba Christian song). His hands were spread in the usual blessing receiver pose towards the sky; the fat weed was on his left hand. I looked across the road and as I expected, he had an audience, fellow blazers were staring intently at him and nodding their heads like he was passing across some evangelistic coded message that only they could decipher. Strange world; I wonder who died or whatever happened to him (or them).

Ideas in clusters; and hidden recesses of my mind. Surfing hard on the colourful wings of the rainbow, but I still reflect in tones of grey (seek balance?). Yes, that's how it's been...I process ideas and promise myself that I'm gonna do a beautiful blog post; then I walk into the office and I get hit by the nagging and bullshit at work. I'm dying.

Manchester United won the Premier League title yesterday and the whole of Lagos Island went buck wild (we always love a good reason to party). Unfortunately, I had to make an appearance at work (yep, on a Sunday) so I saw only the first half; fortunately, I got back home before they finished all the booze and goodies. Downed bottle of Baron De Valles and realised rather too late that I was shacking on an empty stomach. Feeling warm inside and particularly happy, I turned to Tae and told her how much I thought I loved her. Wonderful girl, she just smiled and said "Of course, I know how much you do...meanwhile, have you had anything to eat?". I ate the hot fried plantains first and the fried eggs later. I snuggled up to her and wonderful things happened (not sex, peeps!). Why couldn't my girlfriend be this caring? Woke up this morning with a nasty headache, had a cold shower, now at work. The cycle grows bigger.


 

I'm not sexist, and I really hate to pass an opinion on religion and shit that has to do with sexual preferences; But, WTF is happening to good old guy and girl standard relationships?. Was at Reloaded Night Club the other day and the place was packed full of Lesbos and Fags. What the fuck happened, peeps? I can understand the lesbo bit (I willingly accepted the reason a lesbian friend gave to me once, something about women being more in tune with their emotions and shit), maybe that's 'cos I'm chauvinistic and will never say no to jumping in on a lesbo action set. But, once again, WTF is guy on guy shizzles for? Why would any sane guy dump the curvaceous and voluptuous confines of a woman's body and explore..., explore what? Bones and muscles? Damn, maybe I need to chill out on the bashing bit, before I get acid thrown on me, but this shit is taking a choke hold on this country big time. Haba, we are young nah, and the women are so so beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ibiluv: right on dear. Meanwhile, how far does your leniency go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell me something! so we've got gays in naija?? hmmm... whats the world turning into? i used to think naija men were womanisers? now i know better... i really dont know wat the fasicination in a fellow woman/man's body is o! omo! chic get boobs, i get boobs, yansh, i get yansh...so wetin she get wey i no get wey go attract me...im into discovering the unfamiliar anytime anyday no be something wey i don live and grow with...rather boring!!


    Anyways,shola! please send me a mail on smalliee18@gmail.com as per the book. i got it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @......Why would any sane guy dump the curvaceous and voluptuous confines of a woman's body

    -very good question,

    *have a lovely w'end*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ lg: 'nuff said...lol
    @ibiluv: hmnnn, i feel u
    @msmii: lol, rather boring?

    ReplyDelete