My blog has moved to a fresh new site! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.werunthings.net/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Police and Thieves

Sorry folks, don't know much about stanzas etc...that poem {or whachamacallit} is sumthing i wrote on the road to Suleja from Benin City about 6 years ago. It marks a period when I thought I would be a huge crusader/artist/poet/whatever I decided to be. Had to post it 'cos I've been feeling so uninspired lately and I didn't want to post anything short of superb {don't know if it measures}. Added to the artists'/poetic block is a nagging feeling of nakedness. 

NAKEDNESS? yep!. Been reading a lotta people's blogs lately and and I decided not to comment on any of them. What constitutes these 
blogs sometimes is beauty wrapped in a glorious veil of creativity...BUT! what leaves them
short are the feedback/comments by readers. This whole thing to me is like a voyeur/exhibitionist relationship. We feed off each other. I mean a reader's comment could be stronger than the original
post itself. Folks just trod all over the web tagging melancholy along. Sincere comments are like water to a plant, but half assed
 'me self yarn' kinda comments just kill everything. 

Nuff said...gotta go home. Hope you enjoyed the Qest' Ion post. Drop a line.

7 comments:

  1. hmmmn!thinking abt what u are saying abt blogs and comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanx for stopping by..please let me know what you come up with {u know, after the thinking bit...}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincere comments are like water to a plant

    That's just an excellent way to put it...lol. (Nice blog, first time here). Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha. Just read your response to Pink-Satin.

    Well, I will look out for your comments to other people's posts. That should help me truly see where you are coming from.

    Nice post.

    Nigerian Curiosity
    It Was So Much Easier When I Only Had One....

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting...don't know if i agree that the lack of comments leave a post of 'beauty wrapped in a glorious veil of creativity' [loved that line!!...my God...] 'short'...in whose eyes?...if you judge a blog's worth/value/beauty/whatever by the number of comments, you may lose the opportunity to learn, be inspired/tickled, to feel/remember/laugh/etc...and it truly would be your loss and yours alone...based on sales(comments), one would argue that 50 cents is a strong rapper producing music(blog posts) worthy of listening to it...i wouldn't take a free cd of his, but would pay $50 for some unknown rapper's cd because it speaks to me...

    ...also depends on the intention of the author of the blog, if they feel short because they lack commentary...you're right though...tis an interesting feedback loop-blog post and comments-shaping the evolution of a blog, its content, vocabulary...

    ...i hope this isn't one of those me sef yarn comments you mentioned...lol...i do apologize for the length, as brevity is not my strong point...i do enjoy the way your brain works...

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh, it's me again...you really left my head pondering this post...you could even add to that feedback loop, maybe not as strongly, a blog's appearance on others' blogroll...afterall, for someone to take the trouble of adding you to their page, says something right?...or does it?...okay...i'm out of here for real...*runs out*...

    ReplyDelete